Free shipping on orders over $35!
Reduce, Refill, Recycle
WE PICK UP ONE POUND OF OCEAN TRASH FOR EVERY ITEM ORDERED
How Eco Refill Packs Work
Instead of getting a new bottle each time you re-order you can choose "Eco Refill" at check out and not only will it cost you less, but it will be 100% disposable plastic free.
To refill just, thoroughly wash your bottle, pop open the Eco Refill, squeeze it into your bottle, and recycle it with your cans.
The Plastic Facts:
Units of beauty packaging are produced each year
Just 9% plastic gets recycled into new products
8 Million tons of plastics enter our oceans every year
141 Billion Units Of Packaging
In 2018 over 141 BILLION units of packaging were created by the beauty industry. Roughly 60% of those were plastic packages, most of which weren't recycled.
The only real way to combat plastic pollution is to use less plastic which is why Pavati sends our 100% plastic free Eco Refill Packs instead of new bottles when our customers re-order
The Plastic Recycling Myth
We have been told for years that if we just recycle our plastic there wouldn't be a plastic problem... But the facts say otherwise.
• Just 9% of plastic gets recycled into new products
• Much of the plastic you recycle at home ends up in the incinerator or landfill because nobody wants it.
• It costs more to recycle plastic than to create new plastic from oil
• Plastic can only be recycled 2-3 times before being "down cycled" into products like carpet, insulation, or landfill liners.
Recycling won't solve the plastic epidemic. We are more likely to find an undiscovered island of talking unicorns than recycle our way out of the plastic epidemic.
Read our blog post on The Recycling Myth:
Aluminum Recycling DOES Work
Like most things in the world if it can make someone money they will solve the problem. Which is why we don't see aluminum filling up our landfills and oceans...recycling aluminum actually makes sense.
• Aluminum is recycled 3x more often than plastic
• Aluminum can be recycled an unlimited number of times
• Recycled aluminum uses 95% less electricity than refining new aluminum.
• Aluminum is the most abundant metal in earths crust
• Aluminum is a naturally occurring element not a synthetic product that never breaks down
• Even if aluminum isn't recycled it doesn't float around our oceans endangering sea life.
SHOP AND SAVE WITH ECO REFILLS
Still have questions?
What Happens If My Bottle Breaks?
How do i open my eco refill pack?
We decided to forego the traditional caps with the pointy end that puncture the aluminum seal because... well, because it's plastic. You can use anything pointy like a pen, your tweezers, the back end of a makeup brush or the tip of the applicator from your Pavati bottle to pierce the seal and empty the contents into your Pavati bottle.
How do I make sure I get all my product out?
Just the same as you would with a toothpaste tube. If you roll or squeeze from the top of the tube to the bottom you'll get most of the product out.
Where do I recycle my Eco Refill packs?
They are 100% aluminum, so just recycle them with your cans and you are good to go.
Why don't you include a cap With The Eco Refills?
Because plastic. We know those plastic caps are convenient, but almost anything will pierce the aluminum seal, tweezers, a bobby pin, the back of a makeup brush. We figured the damage to the planet isn't worth the momentary convenience.